Filming in Liverpool.


Over this half term, I decided to get some exterior shots for my film noir project. The film is set in New York. But as I had very little time to visit New York, I had to make do with my nearest, largest city. In this case Liverpool. Liverpool has buildings which at ground level, would easily pass as vintage buildings from New York. But there was a problem. These Liverpudlian buildings were in fact landmarks in their own right. For example the Liver building is part of Liverpool is distinct skyline. It had to be filmed close up, so that distinctive features (such is the liver of birds on top) could be obscured. In addition to buildings, modern evidence in these locations also had to be obscured, such as modern cars and People in modern dress. Also as the story of my film uses the sea as a threat, I decided to take some lengthy shots of the River Mersey.



This shot certainly would not pass as New York!



This shot also has, modern street lights, modern cars and tourists. 

Comments