Branding in film and TV.

Branding in film and TV works in many different ways and on many different platforms. These days such platforms include the internet and social media, as well as on or traditional formats. "Five Came Back" is an online documentary series on Netflix and has been advertised in many different was, both online and in conventional forms. This use of different platforms is described by theorist Henry Jenkins in his theory of media convergence.

("Five Came Back" poster.)
("Five Came Back" Netflix site.)

In the case of my documentary I am planning advertise it through the BBC, that is the TV company I have pitched it to. I will also create a website that will be on a BBC platform. Social media will also help this. Also I have created a poster that I will upload in a future blog. I pitched my film to BBC4 because I believed that it would appeal to the group of people who watch that channel. Because of this I will therefor have it advertised on BBC4, so that it will be directly aimed at the target audience I prefer.


Comments